Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Walk-about

It was strange. Today, I just got the urge to go walk around the area without anyone else. I haven't gone walking without a purpose for a long time. Even "hanging out" serves its own purpose. Today, though, I wanted to walk. Granted, I could have thought it out before going out with long jeans in hot, humid weather, but all in all, I really did enjoy just walking around. Maybe I need to do that more often. Of course, if I do it more often, then it becomes "with a purpose" again...drat. And if you are expecting some large report about something AMAZING I saw, you'll be waiting awhile. Nothing special about it except it made me feel good. Plus, it was nice to be alone in China. Every other time I've gone out, I've been with a group. This was my first time I ventured out without a chaperone, and I think it was worth it.

Until next time!

再见!
杜楷

3 comments:

Willow said...

Taking a walk is a very relaxing enjoyable thing. Gives the opportunity to be alone with yourself gives you time to think if you need it, but just in the simple act of walking you don't need to think. It also gives every artist the one thing they need most from time to time. The opportunity to be observant just to take things in and absorb the things around you.

I used to love to go for walks. I wish I could go out for a walk more often. ^^

In simple truth I guess everything has a purpose even if its just cause I feel like it. But then there's another hand to that explanation. O_O'

* glomps huggle*
much love!

mrbloober said...

Careful on those lone walks! That's how the Black Dragon, leader of the Chinese underworld, get their hands on unsuspecting tourists!

I swear it's true!

David Dukart said...

The Black Dragon...okay, is that a reference to American Dragon: Jake Long? Because if it is...well, I can't say much, can I, since I apparently got the reference, and if it's not, I'm just making myself all sorts of foolish.