Sunday, November 30, 2008

Yo ho, Yo ho

A pirate's life for me...which has nothing to do with the following blog post. I just had it going through my head. :)

So here's the latest from Suzhou: I thought our finals were going to be in two weeks. I thought I would have them right before I came back home. I thought I was going to have just a couple more weekends to travel haphazardly to some places.

Apparently, I thought wrong.

Our finals are NEXT week (AHHHHH!), which means I have a week to study, a week of finals, then almost an entire week to do...whatever I want to do.

EXCITING!

...can I come home early?

Nah, I think I'll take advantage of the time and try and travel. Anyone have any suggestions? I've gone to Beijing and Shanghai. I'm thinking maybe Nanjing or Guangzhou (though Guangzhou might be a little sketchy...). Can't do Hong Kong; I'd have to do a visa renew if I went that route. Maybe Xi'an if I can figure out the time. It'd be cool to see the terracotta soldiers.

And if I can't figure out anything, I might just return home a little early. Who knows!? :)

Alright, that's all from me now. I've gotta go study...or at least try.

(This is normally where I'd say "good bye" and my name in Chinese...but since the computer failure, my computer doesn't seem to want to let me do that. How odd. Time for Pinyin!)

Zaijian!
Du Kai

2 comments:

Kenna M. Kettrick said...

Ooh, figure out something! I mean, as excited as we all are to see you, & I'm sure you're excited to come home, I will tell you that the times I could go traveling around the country were absolutely the best times I had studying abroad. Take advantage of that extra time, see where you might want to go & spend more than a weekend. Or just travel a bunch of places.

....of course I know, like, nothing about places to go in China, so I can't offer you specifics. But I say: Stay there & travel for your last week! It will be awesome, I bet.

-kenna

C. said...

Come home! of course my reasons are purely selfish here ;)

You should stay and go somewhere, it could be fun!

...or you could come back to your fresh rain smellin room that's empty and waiting for you :D