Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Random note for the day

Something I meant to blog about after it happened but just never got around to it.

One of my teachers, while explaining a phrase in Chinese, proceeded to say one of the funniest things I've heard while here.

"Bling bling de".

That's right, she used "bling bling". The "de" just made it an adjective. So basically, she said that the object was bling-blinging.

That made me so incredibly happy, you have no idea. :)

By the way, again, if you'd like anything from China, please let me know. And I mean "anything". I may not get gifts for everyone because, well, I don't know WHAT to get. I have a bunch of postcards that you are free to look at, and the pictures are up for grabs. But other than immediate family members and close friends, I probably won't get something for everyone. I feel like I want to, but it's just not in the cards.

1 comment:

Kenna M. Kettrick said...

From China? I want bling bling. Obviously. :D

Um, chopsticks? If there are some cool ones. I think it would be rad to be able to carry chopsticks around with me all the time & so not use up disposable forks & stuff. Yay!

...or not. You don't have to get me anything. Your curly hair is enough! :D