Thursday, November 13, 2008

Midterms are done, and Shanghai was the reward

So, I have no idea if I ever mentioned it on this blog: midterms were last week. I know I passed two of the three I had, so I'm hopeful about the third, though it was the hardest overall and the one I had the least motivation to study for. I should have known at the beginning of the week what my score was...but I didn't go to class. Wanna know why?

Because I was in SHANGHAI! That's why.

Basically, Ally (a fellow SU student and friend) is also studying abroad, though her trip is far cooler because, well, she gets to go around the world! Pretty much already has been. One of the stops was Shanghai, and since we both knew that it was coming up, we made plans for me to come to Shanghai and act as a tour guide for her and her friends for a few days. Turned out that their arrival date was almost right after my last midterm. Talk about perfect timing, huh?

So I went over to Shanghai a day before they arrived (the day after my final midterm), stayed the day in the hotel getting clean (because the bathroom at the hotel was so much better than my dorm's), and did some research on where we should go. I met them at the train station the next day, though I was a little frightened I wasn't going to be able to find them since I didn't know exactly which terminal they were coming out of. We met up, I was introduced to Carly and Rob, found something to eat, they got their money exchanged, got checked into the hotel I was staying at, got ready to go out for the night, we hit a few bars and clubs, then watched a movie. I wasn't overly satisfied with that day, so the next day, I made sure we did a lot of touristy stuff, like going up the Oriental Pearl tower (three times the size of the Space Needle for reference), going through the Bund Sightseeing Tunnel (which was about the closest I've ever felt like I was on drugs), then a few more sights, bars, and clubs. It all turned out quite well. Only thing that turned sour was I didn't have my camera for it. I'll have to steal some pictures from the others....

Anyway, that was basically it. I missed class Wednesday because I was so tired from the previous days (we didn't much sleep any of the nights), but I'm back on track now...to mess it up when I go to Beijing in the hopefully not too distant future.

And that's all I've got for now.

再见,
杜楷

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"we didn't much sleep any of the nights"

*nudge nudge wink wink*

:P